1091 South Holladay St
Seaside, OR 97138
A motorcade procession involving family and public safety/emergency response vehicles,
in honor of Seaside Police Sergeant Jason Goodding, is scheduled to begin Friday, February
12, 2106, at 10:45 am. The public will not be allowed to ride in the procession, but is
encouraged to show their support by lining the streets along the route. Southbound
Highway 101 will be closed from Patriot Way at Camp Rilea to Broadway Street in Seaside
for the duration of the procession. The public should expect long delays from 9:00 am to
1:00 pm. Hwy. 101 north bound will remain open, but will be partially detoured around
downtown Seaside at Avenue S to Wahanna Road.
The procession route is expected to include hundreds of public safety vehicles. The
following link shows the procession route, starting from Camp Rilea Armed Forces Training
Center (33168 Patriot Way, Warrenton, OR) and ending at the Seaside Convention Center
(415 1st Ave, Seaside, OR.)
The following is the exact route of the procession from Camp Rilea to the Seaside Civic &
● From Patriot Way turn right on Hwy 101 to go southbound.
● Proceed on Hwy 101 to Gearhart Lane.
● Turn right on Gearhart Loop westbound to Marion Ave.
● Continue on Marion Ave southbound to N Pacific Way.
● Turn left on N Pacific Way and proceed past Gearhart School to Hwy 101.
● Turn right on Hwy 101 southbound thru Seaside to Broadway St.
● Turn right on Broadway St to N Columbia St.
● Turn right on N Columbia St northbound to 1st Ave.
● Turn right on 1st Ave. eastbound.
● Arrive at Seaside Convention Center on the right hand side.
Members of the public who wish to view the procession from along the route should be in
position by 10:45 am. Please do not park on any of the streets that the procession will
During the procession, area travelers should be prepared for traffic congestion and delays
along HWY 101 and on Seaside, Gearhart, and Warrenton streets. The Oregon Department
of Transportation will post temporary signs advising motorists of closures, delays, and
detours for non-processional traffic.
If you are planning on driving in these areas between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:00 pm, we
encourage you to take an alternative route or delay traveling until the events have ended.
Members of the public attending the event are encouraged to carpool, walk, or ride a
bicycle. Parking will be extremely limited.
Thank you for the overwhelming love and support shown for our Seaside Police Department and fallen officer Sergeant Jason Goodding.
Citizens interested in helping support the Goodding Family in their time of loss
with monetary contributions may do so in one of two ways:
1. Donate through any U.S. Bank branch in Seaside or nationally. Checks should be made out to the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation and the memo line should read: for the Goodding family. 100% of all donations will be contributed directly to the family. Cash, checks, and transfers are all accepted. Please make sure to mention the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation and the Goodding family when donating.
2. Donations can also be made through the Oregon Fallen Badge Foundation website at oregonfallenbadge.com and follow the link marked “Donate to OFBF”. When making your donation, after entering your payment information and going to the next page, click on the “Add special instructions for recipient” and type “for the Goodding Family” before submitting your payment.
At this time, we ask that you please do not bring signs to the Police Department. Flowers are accepted. If you want to bring food, please contact Russ Vandenberg with the Seaside Convention Center at (503) 738-8585.
Memorial service will be held this Friday, February 12, at the Seaside Convention Center, located at 415 First Avenue in the City of Seaside. The start time is 1:00 p.m., and the public is invited to attend. Additional venues will be be identified in case the convention center reaches capacity. In that case, the event will be simulcast for the public at those additional venues.
The service will be preceded by a law enforcement procession that will wind through the streets of Seaside ending at the convention center. The public is encouraged to stand on the route to show their support for Sgt. Goodding's family, who will be riding in the procession.